Saturday, September 15, 2012

Window Treatments

One of my favorite blogs
is 
the 
inspiration
for
this
post!
Her theme for her Link Party
is unusual window treatments...
SO....
I just have to share some
more pictures of my


I love old linens of all kinds 
but
my heart
really
swells
when
see
hand crocheted
or
knitted
table cloths
bedspreads
doilies
runners
well...
You
GET
the picture!

  I love using them as window treatments...
I don't care if they are in pristine condition
or if they have some wear
like the lines on my face
that help tell my story.

Of late, I am also enjoying my snapseeds app
on my IPhone...
Especially
the 
GRUNGE
look


 This is a look, from the outside,
of one of the pieces I used in
the living area, that you see above.
Grunge look above..
Natural look below..



Looking out of the dining area
with the curtains open..
The curtain on the above left
pulled closed.

And a runner used as a 
valence in the Master bath...
Which
also
leads
me
to
show
you
another
way
to
use
vintage
linens
My Shower Curtains around
my Claw foot Tub...
There's that Grunge Look Again!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What I like about linens is that they are a versatile material. You can place it on the sides of the windows, on the top portion, or cover the windows entirely. That freedom will give you a lot of room to control the light entering the room, which means that you can play with different moods and themes. By the way, you’ve a great collection of pictures, Cece!

Nancy Ferdinand