Saturday, May 31, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Alright, it is much later, but my heart is not older. Posting today's pictures and just want you to know I am loving being in the Pines right now.
Well, Well, seems I took a movie instead of pictures. So, should I even bother to post? Probably not---but, on the other hand, why not? I like making every one else look good, when I am feeling confident, anyway! Mistakes are made by ALL. Smile. Have a happy evening and wake up on the mistake proof side of the bed tomorrow, although it does not exist.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
- Cat named Sammy made the trip for the first time. Oh boy, so much fun listening to his complaining all the way.
- Cat named Sammy has adjusted well and is exploring and knows his home.
- Watched Chandler play ball. His team got waht the coach called a good ole fashioned ass whipping. Everyone was happy to play and parents and grandparents happy to watch.
- Within two hours of being here the clip earrings were on the shade and pictures taken. ( Found the camera) ( camera is now in bedroom, honey is now in bedroom, so I don't want to awake him looking. Maybe in the morn.
- Hung more lace curtains today. YUM!
- Unloaded rest of traier and positioned much of the furniture. Still have quite a heavy piece to get up the stairs. Oh MY. This 60 year old body is not as spry as it used to be.
- I unpacked most of my Waterford Crystal and put it away. a Couple of boxes left to go.My mother has given me a great since of appreciation in the beauty of crystal Thank you mom.
- I think we are now official. Randy has the mail box installed!
- Hope you have all voted for your next American Idol.
- Going to look at roofs tomorrow for our cottage.
- I am fast falling asleep. Good Night----
- Unloaded trailer
Friday, May 16, 2008
- I have much to say and write but am in the midst of other necessary responsibilities and--
- I cannot find my camera. I cannot find my camera. I cannot find my camera. How am I supposed to learn if I cannot even find my camera? I actually was going to turn off the flash before taking pictures!
- Worked today creating August product, for client, which was inspired by paper purchased yesterday at Mystic Paper and trim purchased at Sas. I will post a picture when I find my camera! What fun. I love my job. I no longer care what day of the week it is! No more TGIFS!!!
- Packed up a lot more of my furniture today for moving to Pinetop. My dream house, of the last two decades, is starting to look like I am moving. I have very mixed feelings about this sentimental journey.
- Purchased the summer blogging magazine at Mystic yesterday. I have not allowed myself to visit any of the sites,however do yourself a favor and visit one of the newest sites to blog land which is http://rosesonyourway.blogspot.com/. You will not be sorry you took the time to travel or the gas spent getting there.
- My time is limited at the moment and I am tired. I normally like to post when I have a big block of time to dedicate to my writing----although one might not be able to tell this from my writing. Smile. I will be doing a blog about this very thing at some point. All of this to say, moving is in progress. Posting will be iffy. Reading will be enjoyed with coffee though, so all you other bloggers out there---I definitely need my coffee!!! Get blogging!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
All of a sudden I am loving rhinestone jewelry. ( I am not loving my photography, as usual. I must somehow, sometime, someway, learn how to take better pictures!)I have been bidding on and purchasing vintage clip earrings. I intend to clip the earrings all around the bottom of a lampshade, at the cottage. I am quite excited about this prospect. The last time I liked rhinestones I was in the fifth grade. My mother always took me to a shoe store that sold Buster Brown shoes. She always insisted we wear what she would refer to as "good" shoes. "Your feet support your whole body", she would say. Next would come, "Your shoes are the most important item of clothing you wear". It took me wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy into adult hood to allow myself to purchase a pair of shoes at a shoe store other than a department store. I can still see those shiny black patten shoes. They were like Mary Jane's without the strap. There was a little ( the only thing my mother would have liked about the rhinestones was their size---and then it would have been best if they were so small one could not see them at all )row of rhinestones across the curve of the shoe. The curve of the shoe next to the foot. I recall maybe five of them on each shoe, all sitting sweetly next to each other with equal spacing. Those rhinestones were shining as brightly as the patten finish. I begged, I pleaded, and then I begged some more for those shoes. My mother tried her best to talk me out of wanting them. She told me I would tire quickly of them. She told me they were not classy. ( To this day, the very best compliment, in my mind's eye, is to be called that magical word, classy) My mother begged, she pleaded and then she begged some more. I am still fascinated, actually, that she let me talk her into buying them for me. Not my mother's usual response to an item she would consider tacky. My mother has sophisticated taste. She came from humble beginnings but her taste is of royalty. If you are reading this post, you might want to look back at a post of mine called, It's a Heartache, Nothing But A Heartache. It features a picture of my mom and dad. Just look at the picture and you will quickly see the elegance her features behold. I owe any sense of design I have to my mother. Anyway, for whatever reason, she allowed me to have the shoes. One of the very few times , maybe the only time I remember winning a debate with my mother. Rhinestones hold a special place in my heart, for more than one reason. Aahhhhhhhhhh, the glamour of it all.
Next post, this story will continue.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Remember this beauty I purchased, at the estate sale, in the Evergreen Historic District? I decided to use it and other vintage hand crocheted bedspreads and tablecloths as the curtains for all the sliding glass doors. It is one of my favorite ideas, as it provides some privacy, utilizes something I love, and is easy to use, not to mention I hate vertical blinds.
I put this unit together for a closet. I do not often use a screw driver to build something. Paper, fabric, and scissors are more of my thing. I was quite proud of myself. Of course I am not telling how long this task actually took me or how many times I had to redo it. Smile.
And last but not least, A Star Is Born. Is there anything more fun than watching your grandchild do just about anything other than playing a video game? Is it any wonder I Left My Heart In Pinetop?
Friday, May 2, 2008
am back physically but still gone emotionally-
sooooooooooooo--- all of this means-- I hope to be back soon but you know those emotions---- they tend to come and go on a whim, with no road map or GPS system in site. Hope map quest is treating each of you well!