Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bits and Pieces of the Last Week


Are you wondering why in the world I would have taken a picture of gravel, mixed with fallen pine needles?
Simple
Texture
I got up my nerve to go to the first week's class with Susan Tuttle. 
Even though I am just learning Photoshop Elements, I am exstatic
to report I have been able to follow the first two lessons and execute them, as she presented them to us. I am unable to show them to you because she requested we not post our work which has used her original photographs. They are strictly for our practice. I have one more lesson I need to do by Monday morning. She presents three different lessons a week and they are all building on one another.
I have not ventured past creating my own images, using the lessons yet. I hope to do this as it will be important for me to practice. I was able to download the lessons, just not the videos, so I will have the instructions to fall back on, long after the class has ended. 
I just can't begin to tell you how good it felt to be able to follow what she was talking about!!!!!!!!


New Tomato Plants

These are now in the ground although here you see them still in their pots. My husband ran a drip system to them so they would be watered while we are in the valley this week. Our front yard has a watering system but the back yard does not. The back yard will be next summer's project, most likely.
I am hoping they will be alright this time. I have my receipt saved though, just in case. I do remember it snowing, big time, on one Memorial Day Weekend, not too very many years ago!



It is hard to see in this picture, but if you look closely, you can see some of the places shingles flew off our roof this past winter. Thus, time last week was also dedicated to picking out a new roof and getting it ordered. Below is a sample of what we chose.
It is a metal corrugated roof, made to look like the old fashioned ones, after they have rusted-
The difference is there is none of the mess as with the unprotected metal roofs.
This is a brand new product and we will be the first to have it installed "on the mountain" as locals refer to our area. 
I am thankful to have the decision made!


And down to the valley we drove on Thursday-



How about our Phoenix Suns?
Must admit, I have not gotten totally into the Suns since the days of old when Charles Barkley was on our team and playing instead of commentating
BUT
how could anyone not be excited to watch this series 
WELL
anyone who likes basketball--
The game on Friday night was heartbreak hotel for us. I did not get a picture of the scoreboard as we were at a little local neighborhood bar watching the game. Sidelight---
one of those try something different things because as we pulled up in front of Zipps, a sports bar, it was packed to the gills-
had passed this new little bar and ended up there-
was a nice experience and I like giving individual owners business-
Alright, back on track-
So looking forward to game six tonight!!!





 The above picture and the below picture show our major projects for this week-
painting furniture
NOT
cabinets or walls!
YES!
Lots of furniture!
See the bed in the below picture-
the Oak one-
Let me see-
must be about 37 years ago now-
I worked and worked and worked and worked to strip off the white paint that was on it when it was purchased. I paid $40. for the bed.
Now, in no time at all, I will be painting it white all over again. I imagine, someday, someone else will be working and working and working to get that white paint off so the beautiful Oak will show.
Is just the way it is.
Smile








Those are the things that have taken my physical energy this week-

There have been other items taking my mental energy,
ALL
of which
have been mixed with much emotion-

Amber, my daughter, called Maria wanting to see Chandler-
Maria said no, of course - All of our hearts were in our stomachs and our stomachs were in knots-
We were all caught off guard-
Our minds, or at least mine, just beginning not to think about her every other hour of the day-

Maria is accepting a job in the valley.
She listed the house to be sold and low and behold it is sold-
It actually sold to the first person that looked at it
but there is a catch-
the people actually had made an offer on the house when Amber had it listed over a year ago. Amber tried to get Maria to accept the offer and split the money with her and not pay her uncle, or her dad and me back any of the money we had invested. Maria refused and it is all an involved story-
the bottom line being ,
hearing this again brought up more sad memories and emotions involving how , how can this all be?
Anyway,
Maria is moving back to the valley with Chandler-

Once again,
topsy 
turvy
changes
in 
our 
lives
and 
we
are 
trying
to 
stay
in
the
car
or
the 
boat
or
what
ever
vehicle
in
which
we 
seem
to 
be 
passengers
because
we
certainly
do
not
seem
to
be
in
the 
driver's
seat.

Hope the view from your window is a peaceful one today!









1 comment:

Sweet Sage said...

Can't wait to see all your photoshop fun! And can't wait to see all the painted furniture .. the headboard is dreamy .. .
Enjoy your valley stay!
xo