Wednesday, February 9, 2011

For The Love Of Vintage and Buttons

This past weekend was all about buttons...
Those many buttons bought at Round Top, Texas...
You know the ones...
The bags and bags and bags of buttons I bought...
I keep finding ways to use them...
Who doesn't love buttons?

Bathroom window with shade but no window covering to hide the top of the shade.

Now on all the Master bedroom and Bath windows hang these Burlap valences adorned with my wonderful buttons.

Burlap bag I use for a pillow covering...

Now all dressed up with buttons...

Lamp I have had for , oh, let's see now...
40 years.... I haven't been using it but Needed a lamp for my bedside table..
I was going to replace it when all of a sudden a light bulb moment came to me..
in my dreams, of course...
Why not just cover the bottom with scrapbook paper and add.. 
you guessed it,
Buttons to the shade...



The Finished Look




This is harder to see in pictures...
This is a dressing table that I had already stripped a million and one, or it seemed like it anyway, coats of paint from... and painted white. There were many cracks in the wood. The mirror being oval, had tiny sections of wood framing it and there were obvious gaps between the pieces. 
My Solution?
Buttons, of course!
There are no longer any of those cracks... buttons galore cover the ugliness.







And I guess that will just about BuTtOn it up for now!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

CeCe, I LOVE all the buttons! What you did with that lamp was genius!