Monday, September 23, 2013

Mother Nature


In just a week and a half,  Mother Nature has 
certainly been transforming our
new Aspens and our Maple tree!



I purchased an iron bed to turn into a 
"flower bed"
at an antique shop in Miami, AZ.
My hubby dug some holes and put the bed in.
We discovered the pegs were not given to me with the bed.
Randy bought some at Ace and secured the bed.
Next spring/summer when we return to Pinetop,
we will place rocks around the bed to hold the
compost, soil, and manure.
Then we will fill it with flowers and hope they live!
 The only thing, so far, that we have had any
luck with up here are roses.
Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing my
new vintage bed transformed.
I gave it a couple of coats of lacquer to help protect
the choppiness of the paint.


2 comments:

Dianne said...

I will show this to Chris. We did this one year and just put the headboard and footboard into the ground at ground level. Then filled with Gerber daisies. Them the trees grew and it got too shady. This will look so cute!

Sweet Sage said...

Love Love LoVE it! Can't wait till Spring!
xo