Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sweet Wishes



This one's for you
 Amber
 wherever you are.






It has been a year since I posted,
" Happy 38th Birthday, Amber"

That would mean this year I could title today's post
"Happy 39th Birthday, Amber"

It has NOT been a year since my heart was heavy, because of my daughter,Amber, choosing drugs over her family. She is now someone I do not know and do not wish to know. I often wonder if I ever knew her at all.
The difference on this day, her 39th Birthday, is I have come a long way in my grieving process. I am not constantly consumed with a mother's worry or sorrow. I have made great strides in letting go. I am hanging on to her son, our precious Chandler.
Amber has not been seen or heard from in months. This makes our lives more workable, to say the least. At the same time, we used to hear bits and pieces through various sources, which let us know she was alive still. The word on the street is now nil, which leads me to believe she has either overdosed somewhere, has left the area or is so strung out she never leaves where ever she is.
Sad--So Sad--any of the possibilities--
BUT
Happy is the fact that involving myself in joyful activities has helped me get to where I am today, in  dealing with this tragedy.
On my sidebar you will see a link that is Pink and says Sugar and Spice. It will take you to an online Zline class I signed up for. It has been a class offering a new project every week of the month. There will be a new class for March which will have five projects, since there are five weeks. The February projects have been darling and the directions great. I have only made the cupcakes, as I signed up late in the month and getting supplies up here in Pinetop is not all that easy--not to mention being snowed in!
I highly recommend this endeavor if you would like to try something different. It is a JOYFUL thing to do.
Now-
The cupcakes you see are not real! They are Sweet Wishes that will last forever. Smile. So, if you would like to know how to make them, click the button and sign up for the Feb. class. She is leaving the directions up for about 60 days, from what she said. If you just want to go on to March projects there will be a link for you to sign up for March. I hope to have the link on my site soon. 
So--

Whoever you are ,that has a birthday today, I send you
Sweet Birthday Wishes!

And to those who do not have a birthday today,
I send you Sweet Wishes!


1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Thanks so much for purchasing my ezine! Your cupcakes are darling!

Kind Regards
Cassandra