Thursday, April 3, 2008

This Is Dedicated To The Ones I Love

I did not write the following. I wish I was this wise.
In my life, I have referred to this anonymous writing many times. Funny, I met someone new this week and I knew she needed to read this. I captured it from my files for her. Before passing it along, I read it again myself. I instantly realized it was my blessing to have thought she would benefit. You see, from thinking I was helping another, I was truly helping myself.

To Let Go does not mean to stop caring.
It means I can't do it for someone else.

To Let Go is not to cut myself off.
It's the realization that I can't control another.

To Let Go is not to enable, but to allow learning
from natural consequences.

To Let Go is to admit powerlessness.,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.

To Let Go is not to try to change or blame another,
It's to make the most of myself.

To Let Go is not to care for, but to care about.

To Let Go is not to fix, but to be supportive.

To Let Go is not to judge, but to allow another
to be a human being.

To Let Go is not to be right in the middle arranging all the outcomes
but to allow others to effect their destinies.

To Let Go is not to be protective, but to permit
another to face reality.

To Let Go is not to deny, but to accept.

To Let Go is not to nag, scold or argue, but instead to search out my own
short comings and correct them.

To Let Go. is not to adjust everything to my own desires,

but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself to it.

To Let Go is not to criticize and regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.

To Let Go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.

To Let Go is to fear less, and to love more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cece,

How fun to visit your blog. Wasn't the blogging class just the right thing to get us going? Love your lists.

Marissa

Arcadia Living said...

I will have to remember this posting when I try to "do too much" for my teenage son. It is hard letting them find their own way...
I enjoyed "horning in" on your follow-up with Mike the other night. He is so great to share with us. Have fun!

Sweet Sage said...

Thank You, Cece.
You always have the perfect words; what a gift.