Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lost Dreams


I just wanted to share a photo . One of my favorite photo opportunities is of couples kissing. This is the wonderful man with which I share all of my dreams, be they lost or found.


Below is the beginning and the closing of Saturday's muse from the Scrapgirls newsletter. The story in the body of the muse is different from my story, my dream, but as is so often the case, the beginning and the end have much in common.  
If you would like to read the rest of the muse by Leanne Uwland you will find it here: www.scrapgirls.com
Scroll down the page until on the left hand side you see information about subscribing to the newsletter. Click on the March 21st sample of previous newsletters and then scroll down till you see the muse.



"Now those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse, is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse? ( From "The River" by Bruce Springsteen

I can hear those words in the back of my mind sometimes and I wonder about the answer. What are dreams that don't come true? Are they a lie or are they truly something worse? Where do hopes and desires go when they no are no longer possible? Do they just disappear, fade into the distant past, or do they stay with us, taunting us with visions of what could have been?"


Body of muse here---

Closing of muse follows:

"I know the answer now. After twelve years the answer is all too clear. Dreams never leave us. Hopes and wishes don't just fade away. They hide in the dark and come out to play when we sleep. Dreams that don't come true are worse than lies. They leave a hole in your heart and slowly eat away at your soul. These lost dreams defy all explanation. They draw their source not from logic or reason , but from emotion and feeling.They crowd your thoughts until at times there is room for nothing else. They remain as a silent whisper of what could have been."

Luckily mine do not come out to play when I sleep. Sleep gives me a break. Some of my most creative thoughts come when I am falling asleep or awakening. It is why my business is called N Your Dreams.  But during the time my eyes are open and I am not asleep my lost dreams for my daughter certainly defy all explanation . The most telling sentence in the closing for me is the one that goes," They draw their source not from logic or reason, but from emotion and feeling."
When I am able to keep my mind focused on logic and reason I function much better. It is those times when my emotions and feelings take over, that my heart certainly feels like it has a hole in it and my soul is slowly being eaten away. I am grateful though. For all of what happens to me makes me better able to touch someone else and perhaps help mend the hole placed in a heart, which then helps heal a wounded soul- Just as Leanne's words touched me.








No comments: